Complete Parenting Time Guidelines For Kids
Complete parenting time guidelines. Every parent has different activities, even because they are too busy sometimes to remember trivial things. An example that we often encounter, a company leader is always followed by his assistant and secretary. They are the ones in charge of keeping track of all schedules and promises from BOSS.
Returning to parenting children, of course, we also have to have our guidelines for them. One easy step you can take is, take notes.
History wouldn’t be heard without good recording, and we humans who have so many limitations are not wrong to have a personal assistant.
Easy steps are with the help of widely available applications such as AnyDo, Sticky Notes, and others. This note will sync with your email and wherever you are, whenever you note it will always accompany.
What are the important points in each of these notes? Domo Parenting will conclude the Parenting Guidelines which are divided into;
- Technical parenting guidelines
- Parental responsibilities
- Parenting time guidelines
- Goals of parenting time guidelines
Before entering the Parenting Guidelines material, we as parents must first know what are the basic needs of children.
Here are the basic needs of children that you need to pay attention to.
A. Convention on the rights of the child according to Unicef.
- The best interests of the child
- Right to life; life sustainability; and developments
- Respect for children’s opinions
B. Quality factors for child development
Domo Parenting divides the quality factors of child development into 3 parts;
1. Physical-Biological Needs
These physical-biological needs include the need for clothing, food, shelter, such as nutrition, immunization, body and environmental hygiene, clothing, health services/examinations, and medication, sports, playing, and resting.
2. Love and emotional needs
Since still in the womb, the child must get enough love from his parents. To ensure the physical and mental development of the child as well as the child’s psychosocial, children and parents must have strong emotional and affectionate bonds.
Believe it or not, the attitude or behavior of parents since they are still in the womb has a very big influence on the emotions between the two.
Often we hear the benefits of listening to songs to children during pregnancy, including;
- Develop learning and behavioral skills
- Helping babies sleep
- Improve the reflexes of the newborn
- Improve baby’s sense of hearing ability
3. Need for stimulation
The children’s sensory, motor, social-emotional, speech, cognitive, independent, creativity, leadership, moral and spiritual abilities must be stimulated from an early age. This is important for early detection or screening in children. From early childhood stimulation, we can find out which sensory weaknesses and which are prominent in children.
With early screening, we can determine the best steps forward for the child. This kind of parenting is found in authoritative parenting.
Parents need to adopt democratic parenting, develop emotional intelligence, independence, creativity, cooperation, leadership, and children’s moral-spirituality.
After we know the basic needs of children, now is the time for us to get to know more about parenting guidelines, see the following description;
Technical Parenting Guidelines (generally, not age bound)
Communication between children and parents must be maintained in every moment (open, positive, and often), not to restrain but as a form of attention as an expression of affection for children. Important things in communication between children and parents that must be maintained are;
- Important things that children must know from their parents are; their home and work addresses, telephone numbers, and email addresses.
- Personal communication without interference from outsiders.
- Reasonable telephone access from parents to their children.
- Parents and children have the right to communicate privately by e-mail and fax, and by card, letter, and package, without interference from others.
- Emergency notification, whenever a child travels outside the area including the travel itinerary date, destination, and place where the traveling child or parent can be reached, or the name and phone number of a third person available who knows where the child or parent is it might be.
Parental responsibilities in the Parenting Guidelines
Some of the following things are the responsibility of parents to their children.
Parenting Time Guidelines
Child; 3 years and older
Educating Toddlers According to WHO Guidelines
– Sleeping time
Guidelines for educating children, WHO says not to be rigid with the division of sleep time.
Hours of sleep for babies under 3 months of age;
It’s recommended to get a quality sleep time of 14 to 17 hams a day, including naps.
Hours of sleep for ages 4 to 11 months;
It is recommended that you get 12 to 16 hours of quality sleep.
– Physical activity
Increasing the age of toddlers, the sleeping hours will decrease, especially for babies aged 1 year. Toddlers aged 1 to 2 years are advised to sleep approximately 11 to 14 hours a day, this is often called quality sleep time for children aged 1 to 2 years.
The best physical activity for children aged 1 to 2 years is to invite them to play in the park. Or let children play with toys at home. The recommended time for this physical activity is 3 hours.
– Accompany While Playing
For parents, they must be familiar with educational toys, besides that, pay close attention to the materials for making these toys. Especially toys made of plastic material, this material has a special standard which has been regulated in ISO 8124 Part 1: 2018: “Safety aspects related to mechanical and physical properties“.
WHO recommends for children aged 1 to 2 years, with screentime of 1 hour a day. Screentime applies not only to gadgets but also to TVs and PC screens.
– Prohibits the use of digital media
Guidelines for how to educate toddlers with physical exercise, hours of sleep, and screen time is also supported by Dr. Jennifer Shu of the America Academy of Pediatrics.
According to him, the guidelines are very “to the point” and by current developments. The American Academy of Pediatrics has also published related screentime. In its publication, AAP recommends prohibiting the use of digital media for children under 2 years of age.
What are the goals of parenting time guidelines?
- Ensuring the health and safety of children
- Prepares children for life as productive adults
- Introducing cultural values
- Success is determined by a healthy and quality relationship between parent and child
Adapted from Encyclopedia of Psychology, APA
Hopefully, this article on complete parenting time guidelines can be useful for many people.
- Safety aspects related to mechanical and physical properties”. (https://www.qima.com/lab-testing/ISO-8124)
- Encyclopedia of Psychology (http://www.apa.org/pubs/books/4600100.aspx)